Dokuchaev Soil Science Institute, Pyzhevskiy per. 7, Moscow 119017, Russia
Pedofeatures of salts and gypsum in arid and semi-arid soils indicate the salinization process and its dynamics. Mineralogical and morphological features of these pedofeatures, their distribution in the soil profile as well as confinement to individual components of microstructure are indicators of soil processes, both modern and relict. The paper presents the results of a comprehensive morpho-mineralogical analysis of the newly formed salt and gypsum pedofeatures in saline soils in the south of European Russia and Cis-Baikal region as well as Transcaucasia, Central Asia, Kazakhstan and Mongolia.
Key words: saline soils, salt and gypsum pedofeatures.
For citation: Yamnova I.A. Salt and gypsum pedofeatures as indicators of soil processes, Byulleten Pochvennogo instituta im. V.V. Dokuchaeva, Byulleten Pochvennogo instituta im. V.V. Dokuchaeva, 2016, Vol. 86, pp. 96-102. doi: 10.19047/0136-1694-2016-86-96-102
1. M. I. Gerasimova, S. V. Gubin and S. A. Shoba, Micromorphology of Soils of the USSR Zonal Soils (Pushchino, 1992) [in Russian].
2. M. P. Lebedeva and P. G. Kust, “New achievements of micromorphological analysis”, Proc. Conf. on modern methods of investigation of soils and soil cover, 65–85 (Dokuchaev Soil Science Institute, Moscow, 2015) [in Russian].
3. N. G. Minashina, “G”rey-brown gazha (gypsum-bearing) soil of Kirovabadskii Massive in Azerbaijan”, Tractates of Dokuchaev Soil Science Institute, 54, 151–254 (1958) [in Russian] .
4. I. I. Feofarova, “Calcite pseudomorphs after gypsum in soils”, Tractates of Dokuchaev Soil Science Institute, 4, 202–207 (1950) [in Russian].
5. I. I. Feofarova, “Sulphates in saline soils”, Tractates of Dokuchaev Soil Science Institute, 53, 89–104 (1958) [in Russian].
6. R. M. Poch (ed.), International Symposium on Soils with Gypsum (Lleida, 1996).
7. J. Poch and J. Herrero, “Micromorphologia de suelos on yeso, Anales de Edafologia y Agrobiologia”, 47 (1–2), 179–197 (1988).
8. R.M. Poch, О. Artiedo, J. Herrero and M. Verba-Lebedeva, “Micromorphology of gypsic features in soils and sediments”, In: Interpretation of Micromorphological Features of Soils and Regoliths, Stoops, G., Marcelino, V. and Mees, F. (eds.),195–216 (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2010).
9. M.P. Verba and I.A. Yamnova, “Gypsum neoformations in non-irrigated and irrigated soils of the serozem zone”, Proc. Int. Work. Meet. on Soil Micromorphology, (Moscow, 1997).